2 Large eggs
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon peel
pinch of salt
1 cup gluten free all purpose flour mix (with xanthan in the mix)
10 tablespoons melted, cool unsalted butter
2 tablespoons granulated sugar (to dip glass in to press cookies)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
3. Combine eggs and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on high until creamy, about 3 minutes.
4. Add vanilla, lemon peel and salt and beat to combine.
5. Gradually add gluten free flour and beat, just until combined.
6. Slowly drizzle melted butter into the mixture and beat until combined.
7. Drop dough by heaping rounded teaspoons on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 11/2-inch space between cookies.
8. Dip a small drinking glass in the extra sugar and gently press down on each cookie.
9. Bake in preheated oven for about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are golden brown and crispy. Let cool.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Makes about 36 wafers.