1 1/2 pounds green beans, trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 1/2 cups of water
1/4 cup butter
1 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
2 cups cherry tomato halves
- Place beans and water in a large saucepan. Cover, and bring to a boil.
- Set heat to low, and simmer until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain off water, and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- Stir in sugar, garlic salt, pepper and basil.
- Add tomatoes, and cook stirring gently just until soft.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the green beans, and toss gently to blend.